Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Good Review

Hey everybody. The Daily Cal website was down, so I couldn't find one of Raj's reviews to rail on. Instead, here is a review that I found particularly poignant. The reviewer, I think, uses choice moments from the footage itself to create a vivid panorama depicting the overall atmosphere of this particular film. He manages to do so without interjecting personal reaction, which, I think, strengthens the review's effect.

I have just read past the second paragraph and found that the reviewer does, in fact, interject personal reaction. Especially illustrative, I think, is the finality of the phrase, "Your movie sucks," which seems to attempt to address the more subtle themes and deeper motifs coursing through the film like secretive subterranean rivers. Although I'm left wondering exactly how the reviewer feels about this film, I think the strongest evidence for an opinion lies in the zero-star rating that it gives to "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo," which renders the actual text of the review useless.

I give the star-rating system of this review five stars out of a possible five.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment